Thursday, November 10, 2016

Book Review: Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley | Rock Chick #4

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley
"Home isn't a place, home is anywhere just as long as the people you love are there"

I've been looking forward for Vance's story ever since the first book, and this one surely did not disappoint. This is one hell of an action packed drama romance. The story (and this series) is not lead by a typical problematic heroine and a typical knight in shining armor hero but lead by uber sexy, crazily hot and badass couple with the mixture of comedy, drama and action. This filled my heart with so much emotions, I felt I'm going to explode!

Jules can make all the girls proud. She can definitely carry herself and most definitely can fight for herself. She's one of the boys, very funny, but fierce. A badass heroine but still so soft and so sweet yet totally crazy. Perfect partner to our sexy, super gorgeous badass Alpha hero and do I need to say incredibly hot?!

They may have both experienced an unfortunate events in their life, that made them who they are now, but they have been strong  and it brought them together. Vance's patience and understanding has been very overwhelming. He trusts her skills and capabilities and treasures her deeply. They are both badass but very sweet with each other. I find that this book gave a somewhat different approach as compared to the first three books wherein the heroines are constantly in denial of their feelings and always having the urge to break their own hearts by pushing their man away.

The ending is brilliantly made. This is the first book in this series that made my heart go unease, it made me feel very heavy. I felt the concern, I felt the urge to go and help Jules. It feels like I was there with the whole pack in that waiting room. Kristen Ashley brought me in there like I belong, like I'm part of the family, a family that is not related by blood but bonded with friendship and strengthened by struggles faced together.

If you have read my previous reviews on the first three books of this series, forgive me but I want to mention it again. If you love an action packed crazy romance novel, with a hot, badass hero and a gorgeous, smartass heroine - the Rock Chick series will definitely give you a one hell of a roller coaster ride. So Rock On!

All of my reviews for this book series are done by re-reading the entire series, though I'm still quite familiar with some of the important events, I still felt the very same feeling the first time I read this series. Laughing out loud, grinning crazily, having that so many squee moments and worrying too much for our protagonists. The urge is still there to continue reading the next four books. That's why I can't wait to read the next one which is Luke's and Ava's story in Rock Chick Revenge, but I have to pause for a while to write this post. If you have read this series, you'll probably know the struggle I am currently facing right now, having to pause and not to grab that next book. Come on! The struggle is real! But the next book will be definitely worth the wait.

5 stars
Lead Characters: "Jules" "Law" Juliet Lawler, Vance Crowe
Point of View: Jules (Primary), Multiple

The Rock Chick series reading order:
Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick #0.5) - Daisy and Marcus | to be released soon

my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment