Thursday, November 10, 2016

Book Review: Rock Chick Regret by Kristen Ashley | Rock Chick #7

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley

The story is so intense, so painful and so devastating. It started with a very heart warming, mind blowing and earth-shattering scene. I can't stop crying, my nose is already red, my eyes are sore. I have used up a lot of Kleenex. I felt very heavy and very emotional yet throughout reading I just saw myself smiling and grinning most of the time.


The book just like the previous one Rock Chick Reckoning, is emotionally deep. The story is very intense but K.A. definitely knows how to lighten the mood. She can transform a very serious scene to a very funny one. I get teary eyed on some parts but there are a lot to grin at.

When Hector was first shown in the book Rock Chick Renegade, I can't help myself but be annoyed with him, I understood his reason for what he have done back then but I just can't avoid the feeling. I can't seem to see him as a lovable hero but then in this book, he is a total surprise! He is fearless and definitely a badass Alpha but with a gentle heart. He waited, he's patient and he will stop at nothing just to make sure Sadie is safe even if it means making a deal with an enemy. I love the part where he admitted to Sadie that throughout his life he had taken so many risks but have never feared for anything until that day that Sadie was kidnapped. Squee! That part is really heart warming.

It is so difficult to bear just knowing that someone has to experience this pain, this violence and this kind of life growing up. Sadie has been called an Ice Princess for a reason. She needed Ice Princess Sadie to be able to cope. But seeing her transform into a lively, cheerful and a funny woman is so wonderful that she have discovered several Sadie's - Attitude Sadie, Take Charge Sadie, New Sadie and eventually the Real Sadie. She may have felt alone and helpless in the start but then this book have shown the beauty of what friendship could bring and what love could make happen. Her innocence in a lot of things make her cute, funny and adorable - very far from the Ice Princess she pretend to be.

There is an undeniable truth that all these Alpha heroes in this series does not fu*k around. Hector is no different. Sadie and Hector's thing might be short lived when he was still undercover to take down Sadie's crime lord king father. But after all went down, and having the knowledge that Sadie is in danger and have come to Nightingale Investigations to seek for security although it takes her a lot of courage in doing so with knowing that Hector is working there, he will stop at nothing to claim what's his and give her the protection that she needs.
Though the story started with a bang, along the way the story focuses on how Sadie heals, how she discovered her true self, how friends help each other and how her relationship with Hector strengthened. The story also showed several action scenes to look forward to. It seems like a crazy action movie just like any other Rock Chick book plus it comes with a very amusing ending and epilogue.

Having this book as second to the last, I'm having second thoughts on reading Rock Chick Revolution with the story of one of the Rock Chick founder Ally and the hot Italian Ren, since once I'm done reading it, I know I have to say goodbye not just to them but to all the Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch but to the whole crazy gang.

5 stars 
Lead Characters: Sadie Townsend, Hector Chavez
Point of View: Sadie (Primary), Multiple

The Rock Chick series reading order:
Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick #0.5) - Daisy and Marcus
my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment