Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Current Skincare Routine





I started putting on a moisturizer when I hit 18 years of age, but I've heard some started way younger than that. All other skincare products were gradually added to my routine after that.

My face goes from dry to normal to combination skin type depending on the weather, but most of the time I tend to be on dry to normal skin.

My Skincare Routine and The Products I Use to Take Care of My Skin:

Step 1: Cleanse
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 

I use this product on a daily basis, in the morning and at night before going to sleep. Also, sometimes when the need arises (like after work out) and whenever I bathe. (A different bottle was shown on the video, and if you may notice, when I use the cleanser, it is already on its last few drops. The bottle below is my new stock of the cleanser.)


(Full review and blog post here )

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 2: Exfoliate
Crystal Clear Face Brush from Singapore (a gift from my sister)

I use this face brush whenever I don't use a facial scrub (in the video, I use this face brush as well as the facial scrub for demo purposes only) to exfoliate my skin gently. But sometimes, if I feel that my skin is dry, I skip exfoliation.

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

 Human Nature Purifying Facial Scrub 

I use a facial scrub once to twice a week, but as I've mentioned if I felt that my face is really dry, I skip using one.


(Full review and blog post here)

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 3: Nourish
Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque

I only use a facial masque once a week, but it is highly recommended to use it at least twice a week. This is the part of my skincare routine that I am so lazy about because I have to wait for the product to dry before removing it.

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 4: Tone
Human Nature Nourishing Face Toner

A toner is supposed to clean all the remaining products on your face that wasn't able to remove by your facial wash. I don't use a toner if I already use a facial scrub, because my face will feel really dry after (Using the toner and the facial scrub in the video is for demo purposes only ). I don't have a favorite toner yet, since I don't like using one as it makes my skin dry, but since I need one, I chose this toner from Human Nature because it says that it is for those with sensitive skin, meaning they are a lot safer to use. Also Human Nature uses all natural ingredients on their products so there are no chemicals that can harm my skin. 

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 5: Hydrate
Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil 

As I have mentioned, my face goes from dry to normal skin, that's why I have been using this Sunflower Beauty Oil from Human Nature to hydrate my skin and as an added moisture to my face.


(Full review and blog post here)

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e


Step 6: Moisturize
Myra Facial Moisturizer 

This is supposed to be the last step of my skincare routine if my skin is cooperating with me. I use this moisturizer because of the Vitamin E ingredient that is very much needed by my skin, since it will help add moisture to my face.


(Full review and blogpost here)

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 7: Treat
Human Nature Acne Defense Solution Gel

This is a very new product launched by Human Nature, and since I have been into Natural products lately, I gave it a try. I use a spot gel whenever I felt that there are baby pimps (pimples) that is about to break out, to somehow prevent them from growing. (In the video, I have a few baby pimps, but they are not showing in the video.)

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

Step 8: Moisturize the Lips
EOS Lip Balm

I use a lip balm ( clear ones) to prevent my lips from drying. 

cetaphil, skincare, routine, cleanser, moisturizer, spot gel, acne, facial scrub, scrub, face brush, clarisonic,dry face, masque, mask, facial mask, facial masque, lip balm, eos, unilab, myra, myra e

These products may seem a lot (or not to some) but as I've mentioned I don't use all these products on a day to day basis, some are on a weekly, or bi-weekly basis. I am still looking for a good eye cream, but since they are quite pricey, I opted not to use one yet.

I know that there are a lot of products in the market today that are way better for my skin, but so far, these are the products that I'm currently using and have done a fair job in taking care of it. I may replace some of these products in the future, but when that time comes, of course I will be sharing it with you. 

Overall, I believe that a skincare routine should be composed of a cleanser, facial scrub, facial masque, toner, moisturizer, an eye cream and another product that will help treat your skin imperfections. The lesser the products you put on your face, the lesser the harm that you are exposing your skin, so less is more :). 



What do you think about my skincare routine? What's yours? Any comments? suggestions? Please share your thoughts/ experience by commenting on the section below. 

Thank you! Until next time!

Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment