Thursday, June 1, 2017

Book Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Confess by Colleen Hoover
"Sometimes we don't get second chances. Sometimes things just end."

Sad, but true. Under some circumstances, just like how C.H explained it in this book.
Having read C.H's note in the beginning that all confessions mentioned in the book are true to life confessions, it pained me.

There is a certain confession shared in the book that I extremely hate. No one deserves to be treated like that. Specially receiving it from a family. I totally understood Auburn's reaction upon reading it. And C.H having the one to actually receive that confession, she is one tough woman.
I just hope that there are more time to build up Owen and Auburn's relationship. I just thought that they meet one day and through out that entire day, they are immediately attracted with each other. I just can't seem to connect with them somehow.

This book also have shown how much a mother is willing to sacrifice just to be with her child. She's willing to give her happiness, her freedom, she is even willing to do anything even if it is against her will.

The book is totally made out of C.H's creativity. By using actual confessions to form an art is outstanding. I love that this book have given a different kind of imagery to its readers, by including images of actual paintings in the book. The paintings mesmerized me. They are beautiful. They give so much meaning. I'm not artsy, but I'd like to assume that when you understand an art just like a painting, you will feel connected, you will understand the meaning of the art. They are not abstract hence, I believe that the paintings shown in this book can be easily understood.

(Spoiler Alert! - highlight to reveal)
I'm not fond of third-party and cheating even though there is an understandable reason why Auburn did what she did. But for me, it is still unacceptable. Through out the scene, my mouth is open. I'm nervous. I can't help it. If you don't mind a heroine having a third party and her cheating even if it is with our hero while she is with that third party. Go ahead and give this book a try, and you might like it. Just like any other C.H books, reading this will give you a lot of realizations in life.

Lead Characters:  Auburn Mason Reed and Owen Mason Gentry
Point of View: Auburn and Owen

Ratings:

Hero: 4.5 stars
Heroine: 4.5 stars
Intimate scenes: 4 stars
Imagery: 5 stars
Narrative: 4 stars
Dialogue: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4 stars
Climax: 4 stars
Ending: 4 stars
Story: 4 stars
My Overall Rating: 4 stars

Do I recommend this book? Yes. (if you read my spoiler above)
Will I re-read this book? Probably not.
Will I read other books from this author? Most definitely


my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment