Friday, June 2, 2017

Book Review: Stuck-up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward

Stuck-up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
"There were no coincidences in life. This journey we took, however fucked up of a turn it made, was meant to happen for us."

The story is light, sexy and sweet at the beginning but towards the middle, an unexpected drama surfaces that totally changed the way the story goes.

"I prefer blunt honesty to anything else. I always want you to tell me the truth, even if you're afraid it might offend me I don't think you understand how much I just need the truth."
Soraya and Graham came from the opposite world. An unexpected encounter lead them to each other. They may seem to be totally attracted with each other but a past hinders Soraya from going all out. And when she finally give in, an unforeseeable truth came to light. No questions asked as to Graham's intentions toward Soraya. Luckily, this book was made in dual POV so we get to have a glimpse of Graham's thought as well. But as for Soraya, her experience in the matter from her own family lead her to question her actions.

There is nothing more than annoying than to watch a heroine listen to some advice and do a totally selfless act. I know, I know, love should not be selfish and should be kind. Soraya did what she thought is best not for her nor for him but for the child. I understand that the authors just put it like that so the story will be interesting. Well, it really did.

Having read V.K's 'Bossman', I sort of realize that the plot with this one is somewhat the same, the story started with an encounter with an arrogant hero, that encounter lead them to have that undeniable attraction with each other, but a past stops her from having that relationship with him, and when they finally have that, a huge plot twist came to play. Well, if you have read both books, you will totally understand. I liked both, but I sort of just hoped that there are some kind of difference in the plot.

Well, aside from the drama, I enjoyed this book that I found myself laughing out loud because of their crazily sexy banter.

"No one knows what's going to happen from one day to the next, but if the world were to end tomorrow, there's no place I'd rather be than right here with you. That tells me everything I need to know."
The story of course ended in a completely happy thoughts. So, if you want a fun, sexy with a light drama in a story, this book is definitely for you.

Lead Characters:  Soraya Venedetta and Graham Morgan
Point of View: Soraya and Graham

Ratings
Hero: 4stars
Heroine: 4 stars
Intimate scenes: 4 stars
Imagery: 4 stars
Narration: 4 stars
Dialogue: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars
Climax: 4.5 stars
Ending: 4 stars
Story: 4 stars
My Overall Rating: 4 stars

Do I recommend this book? Yes.
Will I re-read this book? Nope.
Will I read other books from this author? Most definitely.

my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment