Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Book Review: Bossman by Vi Keeland

" Fear does not stop death, it stops life."

At first I thought that this book is going to be just a fun, light and sexy read considering the cover plus the synopsis. Well it is! But there are more to it than just that. There is depth in the story, their experiences has some sort of connection that at the end totally blow my mind.
I thought that after a couple of pages they will immediately jump on each other's arms, and have a very intimate scene. But no, they did not. They had a fun character build up and sexy banter. Reese is so hesitant because of her experience with office romance but Chase is so undeniably beautiful, witty and uberly sexy so when she cannot hold it anymore, everything just fall into place.

"Even at the darkest night, the sun will rise again."
Their funny and sexy banter kept me smiling and giggling. Chase is so cocky, so bold, so endearing and yet underneath it all, he had a deep past that kept him from having a serious relationship. But with Reese, he started to feel deeper than just being casual. Everything started to look that he have moved on but all of a sudden a revelation concerning his past totally break them apart.

" Don't focus on the what ifs. Focus on what is."
I'm a bit hesitant at first to give the story a try, but when I decided to, I just assumed that I will not write a review on it. But after reading it, it totally changed my mind. The story have so much context and meaning to it and considering the few quotations from the book that I shared in this post, it is just too good not to share.
It has a wonderful ending, but there's a beautiful beginning in that end as well. Don't get me wrong, this is completely a stand-alone book. So if you want a fun, light but a heart-felt novel, give this one a try and just like me, it will totally surprise you.

Lead Characters:  Reese Annesley and Chase Parker
Point of View: Reese and Chase

Ratings
Hero: 4.5 stars
Heroine: 4.5 stars
Intimate scenes: 4.5 stars
Imagery: 4.5 stars
Narration: 4 stars
Dialogue: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars
Climax: 5 stars
Ending: 4.5 stars
Story: 4.5 stars
My Overall Rating: 4.5 stars

Do I recommend this book? Yes.
Will I re-read this book? Nope.
Will I read other books from this author? Most definitely.



my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment