Friday, February 17, 2017

Book Review: Rock Chick Reawakening | Rock Chick #0.5

Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley
"You will be safe from anything you perceive might make you unsafe, including me."

Ever since I finished reading the eight books in the Rock Chick series and meeting the side characters then Daisy and Marcus, their back story had been my highly anticipated book to read.  Their story is somehow tackled in the previous books, but there are so much more to learn. They seem to be a perfect couple living in an entirely imperfect world.

I believe that Marcus Sloan is the ultimate badass of all badass hero's in the book series. But he has an incredibly soft heart, not just for Daisy but for all those he cares for. As far as I can remember, Marcus is described in one of the books as a "good person that does bad things". He is a hero yet he does things unexpected to one.

Reading the previous books, I perceived Daisy as a sweet yet a totally cool side character in those. But in this book, I realize that after all she had been through, she is also a one strong woman with a big heart. A true Rock Chick.

Learning Daisy's past and Marcus' bad activities from the previous books did not hinder my interest on reading their story. There is so much depth on their relationship that seem to be worth admiring for.

The build up of their relationship is slow yet totally worth it. Considering the tragic event that happen to Daisy, Marcus' efforts toward Daisy is seemingly sweet but totally romantic, an exact opposite of his alpha badass personality.

I am just somehow quite looking for more. I am looking for the story behind Marcus' side business. But as I write this review, I've come to realize that, their story might be short but it is more than enough. It totally captured the beauty of their relationship. Hence, the bad things that Marcus does should not deviate the real meaning of their wonderful story.

The main characters of the previous stories have a little funny cameos toward the end which reminded me that K.A makes an amazing family story with exceptionally hilarious side characters. Unlike all the others, this story did not make me laugh out loud,  nor made me cry, but it did put a smile on my face and made me feel happy and contented.

The story is short but definitely thrillingly romantic. It totally belonged to the Rock Chick series as it still contains that thrill and suspense feeling just like any other story in the series.

All books in the series are completely stand-alone, but for the whole experience, I highly recommend reading it in their release order. Just follow the reading order I mentioned below. Rock Chick Reawakening might be a prequel but if you have not yet read the entire series, I still highly suggest to read it last. The surprises and the back story in this book is definitely worth making it the conclusion to a wonderful book series.

I am saddened by the fact that the Rock Chick series has totally ended. This is my ultimate favourite book series yet. So, if you are fond of alpha badass hero partnered with crazily gorgeous heroine, bundled up with a seriously sometimes hilariously thrilling story, give this series a shot and just like me, it will definitely rock you.

Lead Characters:  Daisy and Marcus Sloan
Point of View: Daisy and Marcus

Ratings:

Hero: 4.5 stars
Heroine: 4.5 stars
Intimate scenes: 4 stars
Imagery: 4.5 stars
Narrative: 4 stars
Dialogue: 4.5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Climax: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars
My Overall Rating: 4.5 stars

Do I recommend this book? Highly Recommended
Will I re-read this book? Most definitely
Will I read other books from this author? Most definitely.

The Rock Chick series reading order:


my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment