Thursday, January 19, 2017

Book Review: Hit The Spot by J. Daniels | Dirty Deeds #2

Hit The Spot by J. Daniels
"Harder it is to get something you want, the better it feels when you finally get it."

I've been looking forward to Tori and Jamie's story since they have been introduced as side characters in the first book of this series, Four Letter Word. They are the best friends of the H/H in that book, and some parts of their story had been tackled on that one as well. Their back story is very funny hence my curiosity lead me to read this one, and surely it did not disappoint. Their story is hilarious, uber sexy, crazily romantic and need I say cheesy? Well, it is.

Tori, she sees Jamie as someone who doesn't have respect in love nor in a relationship. She came from a bad relationship and having known Jamie as a player. He is a big no for her.

Jamie, crazily hot alpha with a very bold mouth. When his eyes first lay on Tori, he wants her bad. He pursues her but I did not like the way Jamie talks to Tori in some scenes, he is seriously arrogant, bossy with a dirty mouth. Lucky for him, when the story develops, he has been a goner for Tori. He has a sweet spot for her.

But then a bet changes everything, no one wants to lose. A sexy bet lead to crazily hot scenes. The beginning has totally got my interest. They had a a great crazy banter that I never thought that this one is going to be uber romantic, and very cheesy. Once they have been together the story kind of slows me down until I reached the climax of the story. Jamie has proven how much Tori means to her, it doesn't matter if there had been a miscommunication or an exaggerated reaction on his part but the thought that he is willing to sacrifice a big part of his career for Tori is very touching and super romantic. It proves that he's willing to do everything for Tori.

This book is a complete standalone but I recommend reading Four Letter Word first, to get a glimpse of their back story. But also, just because I loved that book more than this one. Just go on read them both and see for yourself. I am looking forward on Stitch's story, I really hope he has his own book.

Lead Characters: Tori Rivera and Jamie McCade Point of View: Tori and Jamie

Ratings:
Hero: 4 stars 
Heroine: 4 stars 
Intimate scenes: 4.5 stars 
Imagery: 4.5 stars 
Narrative: 4 stars 
Dialogue: 4.5 stars 
Plot: 4.5 stars 
Climax: 4.5 stars 
Ending: 4.5 stars 
Story: 4.5 stars 
My Overall Rating: 4.5 stars

Do I recommend this book? Yes. If you can take bold and dirty talks. 
Will I re-read this book? Probably not. 
Will I read other books from this author? Definitely.


my read shelf:

Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment