Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Book Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover




"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."


I just finished reading the book as I write this post and I can't put enough words to describe what I am feeling right now. It seems like words are just. not enough...

Please let me gather myself first...
...

...

...

Okay. I think I'm ready.


To begin with, I have to be honest, it is going to be difficult to write this review without sharing details. I don't want to give it away so you could feel the surprise, the raw emotions and a genuine reaction at its purest once you've finally decided to read the book.

My heart has been pounding so fast. I felt goosebumps all over my body. I needed to cry to release this burning sensation. I don't want to, but I have to. I never thought that this book is going to be extremely heavy, way too heavy for me. It is so intense, so deeply emotional, it left me with a heart burn. I don't think I will be able to move on from it. It tackles a very sensitive issue and it is very realistic in nature.


There are two heroes in this story, but please don't be confused in thinking that this is a triangle. No it isn't. The issue is so much bigger than that. Way bigger. It's hard to explain without spoiling the story but you will surely understand once you read it. The built up of Lily and Ryle's relationship is fast but intensely moving, while Lily and Atlas share a meaningful bond.

Lily is a heroine anyone will surely admire. The strength and bravery she have shown in this story is truly remarkable. Her mother signifies an important role in this story. She have delivered a very meaningful message and realization to anyone like Lily. The side character Allysa - as much as I love a line of her in the book, I wouldn't be posting it as it definitely will contain spoilers. She is a perfect best friend any woman must have.

Reading the story until near the end had given me so much hope that I am torn. With a very sad and meaningful title, I've been guessing what the title could mean throughout. But then the part came where the title makes so much sense, it made me understood the meaning of it, it left me in awe. A perfect title that gives a totally different meaning to what I have thought of.

C.H have given this one a fantastic ending. She have given an all honest and reality based ending that everyone who's like Lily deserves to have. Perfect ending to a very painful yet beautiful story.

The story is definitely beautiful and so powerful in a way that it teaches all those who have been experiencing the same with Lily to be strong, to have courage and be bold. And for those who does not, but knows someone that does, it teaches to be compassionate, to empathize and not be judgmental. This book is really beautiful, it has so much depth and meaning to it, it captured my heart.

Once I finished reading the book, all I can think of is, it is going to be an incredibly amazing movie. I hope that once it has been adopted to a movie, it will give justice to the book and will deliver the very same powerful and meaningful message. I believe everyone should definitely read this book, as in EVERYONE, whatever gender you may belong.

Lead Characters: Lily Bloom, Ryle Kincaid and Atlas Corrigan
Point of View: Lily

Ratings:
Hero/es: 4 & 4.5 stars
Heroine: 6 stars
Intimate scenes: 4 stars
Imagery: 6 stars
Narrative: 5 stars
Dialogue: 6 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Climax: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars
My Overall Rating: 5 stars


Do I recommend this book? Yes, highly recommended. A Must Read! This is going to be one of the most unforgettable story that I've ever read.
Will I re-read this book? Probably not, there's so much only I can take. Reading it once is highly recommended. But reading it again, and feel the same emotions like the first time, I think I'm not ready for a re-run... yet.
Will I read other books from this author? Most Definitely

my read shelf:
Hey Gladz's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment