Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Try Before You Buy - A Sample Room Review (Thoughts and Experience)

Try Before You Buy. 
Free, free samples, samples, sample room, sample room ph, philippines, beauty, skincare


Who wouldn't want to try a product first before buying it right? Anyone would, given an opportunity, one would definitely grab a sample first. That's why when I heard that Sample Room provides this kind of opportunity to its members, I immediately register and become a member of this amazing community. 

Sharing with you in this blog post my thoughts and experiences with the sampling website.


For those who have not heard of Sample Room yet, I made a  blog post of it here.



My Experience:



First Try - Constantly looking out for samples that I like and that would fit the free 100 points, but apparently my points are not enough for me to be able to grab the samples that I want. So I decided to go ahead and shell out Php 799.00 to become a VIP member and have an additional 1000 points. And since I availed the VIP membership I received a gift worth Php 1,150.00, see?! I got more than what I paid for.



With 1,100 points available to me, I was able to grab the samples that I really like. 

Belo, Belo sunexpert, belo essentials, sunblock, spf, whitening, underarm, underarm whitening

See the first products I grab from Sample Room here.

For the Belo products, I paid only Php 100.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products that are worth in total of Php 1,074.75. 

Second Try - I was lucky enough that on my second try, the products that are featured are from the Olay Total Effects line.

olay, olay total effects, cc cream, day cream, moisturizer, sample room, sampleroom, pore minimizing



See the second set of products I got from Sample Room here.

For the Olay products, I paid only Php 100.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products worth in total of Php 1,287.00.

Third Try - For my third try, the Safeguard Derma Sense Line has been featured on the website, but since I really want to grab Olay Total Effects' Pore Minimizing Toner, I grabbed one as well.

Sample Room, Sampleroom, Safeguard, safeguard derma sense, Olay, olay total effects, procter and gamble, p&g, acne prone skin, sensitive skin, acne prone, sensitive, pore minimizing toner, toner, pores, blackheads, whiteheads









See the third set of products I got from Sample Room here.

For the third set of products I got, I paid Php 130.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products worth in total of Php 1,168.00.

Fourth Try - For my fourth try, the featured product is the Moringa O2 Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner with Argan Oil, but since Belo's Face Cream and Body Shield are available as well, I decided to grab them too.

Sample room, Sampleroom, moringa, hairfall, hair fall, argan, argan oil, shampoo, conditioner, hair, spf, belo, sunprotect, sunblock, lotion, face cream, kojic, kojic acid, whitening, neck cream, philippines, free, samples








See the fourth set of products I got from Sample Room here.

For the fourth set of products I got, I paid Php 130.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products worth in total of Php 1,069.50.

Fifth Try - The fifth set of products I got is from the brand Zenutrients, an all natural products, these products have the amazing Argan Oil as an ingredient so I couldn't resist to grab them.

Sample Room, sampleroom, Zenutrients, argan oil, argan, sunflower, sunflower oil, coconut, coconut oil, lotion, soap, salve, balm, free, samples, philippines


See the fifth set of products I got from Sample Room here.

For the Zenutrients products I got, I paid Php 130.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products worth in total of Php 947.50 (estimated price based on grams).

Sixth Try - Lastly, as my VIP membership expires, I wanted to make the most out of it so I grabbed another three products that I am very much excited to try out.

olay, olay total effects, night cream, olay total effects night cream, procter and gamble, p&g, safeguard, derma sense, body wash, facial wash, face wash, acne, acne prone, anti ageing, anti-ageing, burts bees, radiance, radiant, royal jelly, dkny, dkny myny, myny, sample room, sampleroomph



See the sixth set of products I got from Sample Room here.

For the last set of products I got before my VIP membership expires, I paid Php 130.00 for the shipping fee, and I already got three products worth in total of Php 1,093.55 (estimated price based on grams).



Even though my VIP membership has already expired (as well as my 1000 points), with the remaining points I have which is 138, (free plus points earned for sending and having my reviews approved plus points earned for having two friends signed up on the website) I can still grab some products that are worth the points I have.



Luckily, I was able to grab samples that are worth way way more than what I spent for the shipping and membership fees. It really depends on what are the featured products to be able to determine how much one has saved in trying out those samples. Not to mention that almost all of the products I got are at full size. Awesome experience in deed.



Based on my observation after my VIP membership expired, the free 100 points are enough to grab one to three products simultaneously since the products available lately are more affordable (based on points). I think it just happened that there are several products available at the same time that I have a VIP membership, but if you are not willing to spend more than the shipping and handling fee, the free 100 points are more than enough. 

Just make sure to constantly send an appropriate review based on the website's review guidelines to be able to fully utilize the experience and be able to try another product again. I suggest as well to invite your friends by sending them an invitation email to earn more points. (I would be grateful if you will leave your email in the comment section below so I could send out an invitation email).

My Thoughts:
  1. It really saddens me that the VIP membership is valid only for two months, when samples can get easily out of stock, and it takes around one to two weeks before a new product is featured. 
  2. Once you became a VIP member you will receive a gift worth more than what you spend on the membership, so you got something in return aside from the opportunity to grab a few samples worth more than what you paid for the membership.
  3. Although, they said to offer two types of VIP membership, (Php 799.00 with 1000 points and Php 1,299.00 with 2000 points) I noticed that as of the moment only the Php 799.00 is available more often and have yet to see the other one becomes available.
  4. The VIP membership has very limited stocks. Once a VIP membership expires, that's the only time it becomes available to another member, unless they will restock VIP membership.
  5. Somehow, it is also a good thing that there is an interval of one or two weeks before a new product is featured so that those who just recently availed a sample and were not yet able to have their reviews approved have enough time to wait for their points to be replenished and be able to grab the next featured samples.
  6. Though the website offers free samples, more often than not, they provide samples at full size, which is really amazing.
  7. Since the website offers free samples, expect to have many members waiting to grab a sample, so once you have received an email regarding a new featured product, grab it immediately, because more often than not, if the product is really on the hype, it will get easily out of stock.
  8. Don't be sad if the product you want to grab get out of stock, because sometimes they do restock them. So just constantly visit their website to know if they restocked the product that you like.
  9. Only three items per order/ shipment is allowed, maybe to protect them from over grabbing of samples and to limit the contents of the package for shipping, since the shipping fee is fixed based on the weight of the samples grabbed.
  10. Based on my experience, a review is approved only after one to four days,  so be very patient and hope that your review will be approved even before the next sample you want to try out get out of stock :P 
  11. Sometimes they approve a review even you only got to try the sample for less than five days depending on the type of review that you will give. I experienced sending a review for a product that I used for only two days and got approved, and a review that were not. Maybe because they want us to try the product longer before giving a not so good review on the product.
  12. Unfortunately, only two members per household are allowed. Understandably, it's for the website's protection.
  13. Although they have a schedule of shipment that would take up to six days, sometimes even I just placed an order yesterday, the samples are delivered as early as today. Maybe it really depends on the time an order is placed and their capacity to process an order.
My Conclusion:

Overall, Sample Room is a really wonderful experience for all shopaholics out there. Most specially for all the ladies and beauty enthusiasts that are in constant search to try new products or may have second thoughts on purchasing a certain product. But on the other hand, this is a really great opportunity as well for those that just wanted to try products without spending at full price. 

Have you tried Sample Room? What are your thoughts and experience? Let us know by sharing them in the comment section below.

Thank you! Until next time!

Love,








This blog post is not sponsored nor affiliated.
Sample Room logo used is from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment